Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Post - Here We Go

Hello all and thank you for visiting my blog!  We've just finished the first 2 weeks of the school year and one of the most important focuses of my class (besides learning some math, of course!) has been creating classroom rituals and routines.  Your student should now know what the cue is to get quiet (turning the lights down/off), what the everyday duties/roles of each student are (reader, checker, stuffer and substitute) and what each role/duty requires them to do!  Ask them about it.

Integrated Alg/Geo 2 has just finished the first lesson in the first unit: direct and inverse variation.  The first homework assignment was turned in (hopefully!) on Friday and those assignments are already graded and in the Infinite Campus gradebook.  Our first "Proficiency Check" (a formative quiz) will be on Monday (8/22) and will cover everything we've learned so far about variation.  Next week - starting tomorrow - we'll prepare to start learning about systems of equations and the many ways to solve them.  I'll do my best to post the homework worksheets here (or at least the pages you can find the problems in the book).

Integrated Alg/Geo/Trig 3 is almost finished with the first lesson in the first unit - we have but one investigation to finish.  I predict that we'll have our first "Proficiency Check" (a formative quiz) on Tuesday (8/25) or possibly Wednesday.  All homework that has been assigned and turned in are posted in Infinite Campus (except my 8th grade students... Infinite Campus is not cooperating and letting me set up my 8th-grade gradebook.  I'll get that taken care of tomorrow and grades should be posted soon after.)

The times I have set aside to work with students are Tuesday and Thursday after school from 3:30-4:30pm.  Students may make an appointment to see me at other times, including before school, 7th period and during lunch.

My intent is to update this site weekly with assignments and upcoming assessments.  Any questions you may have can be posted here OR emailed to my school email address, which you can find at http://rangeview.aurorak12.org/staff/directory/  Here's to a successful first blog!
 MMT 

No comments:

Post a Comment